Hey there! This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a teensy commission from qualifying purchases when you buy through these links (at no additional cost to you). For more info, please check the full disclaimer.
Menopause is one of the most challenging times of your life. Your body undergoes many changes as you age — and it can be frustrating! We’ve created this list of the best menopause books to help you navigate through the struggles of the perimenopause & postmenopause phases.
It’s a natural and inevitable condition that mostly occurs between 45 and 50 years of age. If you notice menopause symptoms before your 40s, it’s called perimenopause.
Let’s briefly go over this process and how menopause books can help you out.
- Why is Menopause Stressful?
- How Can Menopause Books Help?
- The 8 Best Menopause Books Trending in 2021
- 1. It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones by Nicki Williams
- 2. The Menopause Reset by Mindy Pelz
- 3. Perimenopause Guide by Dr. Anna Garrett
- 4. The Menopause Book by Pat Wingert & Barbara Kantrowitz
- 5. Mayo Clinic The Menopause Solution by Stephanie Faubion
- 6. Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christiane Northrup
- 7. The Menopause Switch by Dr. Carissa Alinat
- 8. The Menopause Diet Plan by Hillary Wright & Elizabeth Ward
Why is Menopause Stressful?
Menopause naturally disrupts estrogen production which is the integral female sex hormone.
Because of this, you may experience certain extreme perimenopause symptoms such as:
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
All of these can adversely affect your personal and professional relationships, resulting in frustration and stress.
Also, since menopause struggles aren’t discussed openly, chances are you might be forced to deal with it alone.
This is why I highly encourage you to grab one of our best menopause books from the list for guidance.
How Can Menopause Books Help?
Several women’s health experts have written plenty of first-time menopause books. They’re a must-read especially if you’ve no one to talk to!
These helpful guides include necessary info about menopause, perimenopause, nutrition, lifestyle habits, and personal experiences of women who have been through menopause.
Personal stories from these amazing menopause books can help you become more comfortable with your struggles.
You can use other women’s advice on how they manage to age gracefully.
On the other hand, the medical aspects discussed in perimenopause books can help you navigate through the initial hormonal imbalance and other related issues.
In short, start reading menopause self-help books this year if you truly want to live your best life after your 40s!
The 8 Best Menopause Books Trending in 2021
|Best Menopause Books||Author Name||Main Topics|
|It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones: The essential guide for women over 40 to fight fat, fatigue, and hormone havoc||Nicki Williams||Planning diet for hormonal balance||Check price|
|The Menopause Reset: Get Rid of Your Symptoms and Feel Like Your Younger Self Again||Dr. Mindy Pelz||Essential lifestyle changes to deal with menopause||Check price|
|Perimenopause: The Savvy Sister’s Guide to Hormone Harmony||Dr. Anna Garrett||Holistic approaches to achieve hormone balance||Check price|
|The Menopause Book: The Complete Guide: Hormones, Hot Flashes, Health, Moods, Sleep, Sex||Pat Wingert & Barbara Kantrowitz||The ultimate self-help menopause book||Check price|
|Mayo Clinic The Menopause Solution: A doctor’s guide to relieving hot flashes, enjoying better sex, sleeping well, controlling your weight, and being happy!||Stephanie S. Faubion||Complete menopause guide from a medical perspective||Check price|
|Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing||Dr. Christiane Northrup||Sexual and emotional healing after menopause||Check price|
|The Menopause Switch: Disrupt Aging & Live Your Best Life Past Midlife||Dr. Carissa Alinat||Practical tips to become youthful again||Check price|
|The Menopause Diet Plan: A Natural Guide to Managing Hormones, Health, and Happiness||Hillary Wright & Elizabeth Ward||Various popular dietary habits for menopausal women||Check price|
Nicki Williams, the author of It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones, is a professional nutritional therapist.
She wrote this practical book after years of research and experience to help you understand hormonal imbalances and how to fix them through diet and supplements.
It’s one of the best menopause books for women over 40 years. Add it to your bedside collection to find useful tips on managing your weight and beating menopausal fatigue.
- How to lose fat and fight tiredness in your 40s
- How to ease menopause symptoms with a four-step hormone-balancing plan
- How to holistically balance hormones with dietary changes
- How to eat healthy during menopause with a tailored diet plan
- How to identify hormonal imbalances and using hormone replacement therapy
I’d recommend this first-time menopause book to women who want to prepare themselves for a hassle-free menopause journey.
The Menopause Reset is one of the best menopause books available on Amazon in 2021. Written by Dr. Mindy Pelz, a nutrition and functional medicine expert, this book will help pave a smooth path for you during menopause transitions.
In this book, she draws upon her own experiences and knowledge to help women navigate this condition with confidence.
Her main aim with this book is to help you get rid of perimenopause or menopause symptoms holistically after your 40s.
- How to avoid memory loss after menopause
- How to reverse weight gain and speed up fat loss
- How to slow down aging
- How to heal menopausal symptoms without meds
- How to thrive during menopausal years using a practical five-step lifestyle approach
If you’re looking for a short & succinct book about the menopause journey, this should be on top of your list!
Are you tired of extreme problems during your 40s? Want to find the best holistic solutions to relieve perimenopause and menopause symptoms?
Then this revolutionary sister-savvy perimenopause book, written by Dr. Anna Garrett, a Doctor of Pharmacy is perfect for learning about self-care!
Her detailed book aims to empower women with hands-on techniques and valuable tools to balance hormones.
- How to create the perfect healthcare plan tailored to your needs
- How to balance your hormones to find symptom relief
- How to reduce stress and sleep better with realistic solutions
- How to navigate perimenopause after you reach 35 years
- How to manage symptoms through diet and supplements
This sister-savvy guide to perimenopause is among the first menopause books for women to learn how to achieve hormonal harmony.
The writers Pat Wingert and Barbara Kantrowitz worked at Newsweek and specialized in writing about health, medicine, and women’s wellness.
This is also one of the most comprehensive and best menopause books on the market. Both writers dive deep into practical advice about dealing with menopause problems based on the latest research and medical findings.
The Menopause Book serves as a thorough guide for women to navigate through aging stresses & hormonal issues such as hot flashes, sleep, sexual wellness, mood swings, and more.
- How to reduce hot flashes in the workplace and ride out mood swings
- How to protect yourself from heart attack symptoms
- How to prevent or find remedies for adult acne
- How to live with the ups-and-downs of libido & maintain sexual wellness
- How to do monthly breast self-exams
- How to exercise without strain and start Kegel exercises
- How to find the right hormone therapy
If you’re 40+ years and struggling with severe menopausal symptoms, you should definitely buy this book.
Dr. Stephanie Faubion is among the most popular menopause experts in the United States. Her book, The Menopause Solution, is a complete guide to life after menopause.
The author discusses various holistic techniques to relieve hot flashes, enjoy better sex, sleep well, control your weight, and be happy!
- What happens to your body pre- and postmenopause
- The best over-the-counter medications, nutritional supplements, and therapies
- Various long-term effects of low estrogen
- Treatment options to ease menopause symptoms
If you’re new to the struggles of aging, this informative and captivating guide is one of the first menopause books you must buy.
World-renowned health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup created this international bestseller which is now among the best menopause books on Amazon in 2021.
This book covers various aspects of physical and emotional healing as you transition to a different era in your life. You’ll also learn a great deal about pregnancy and other prominent women’s health and wellness milestones.
- How to have a more fulfilling sex life
- Important things to know about hormone replacement therapy
- How to prevent cancer and avoid hysterectomy
- How to ensure a healthy aging process through contemporary medicine
I particularly recommend this top-rated menopause book with an interesting take on healing approaches for menopause life for anyone who prefers a holistic lifestyle.
The Menopause Switch is a remarkable read by Dr. Carissa Alinat, containing useful advice to help women manage their menopausal symptoms naturally.
She talks about the latest effective techniques discovered during her practice to deal with menopause struggles. She guarantees her tricks will guide you to switch back to your normal life in your 40s.
- How to combat hot flashes, insomnia, and lack of mental clarity
- How to fight age spots, acne, thinning hair, and brittle nails
- How to lose weight with 27 quick, delicious, and easy-to-make recipes
- How to bounce back to your youthful self with actionable tips
- How to eliminate vaginal dryness and pain and increase your libido
- How to treat the root cause of your menopause symptoms by flipping 7 easy switches
- How to achieve hormonal balance
It’s one of the best menopause books for women who are about to enter a new chapter of their life. This must-read serves as a handy guide about initial menopause stages and how to deal with them.
The Menopause Diet Plan also earns a spot in our best menopause books list of 2021. Both authors are registered dieticians, sharing knowledge about the ideal diet for menopause or perimenopause.
If you’re above 40, this is the right time to start eating menopause-friendly foods.
Learn from the experts about the most positive, fad-free, and scientific approach to managing your physical and emotional health during perimenopause and menopause.
- How to eat according to your body clock
- How to do exercises for weight loss in your 40s
- How to follow plant-based diets like Mediterranean-style diet and DASH diet
- How to manage meal timings to maximize energy levels
- How to decrease the risk for cancer and other chronic conditions
- How to keep your bones and heart healthy
If you’re looking for holistic ways to curb perimenopause symptoms, this is one of the best menopause books you should grab!
I hope you liked this comprehensive list of the best menopause books in 2021!
Most of these guides offer a holistic approach to dealing with the struggles of aging, perimenopause, and menopause.
Doctors and health experts share various non-medicinal tips and rely on transforming lifestyle habits that suit your individual needs.
Read some books that aren’t on this list? Drop them in the comments below.